- Organization: Kids 'n Kinship
- Causes: Kids
- Date(s): 6:00-6:45 pm Tuesday July 12th meeting, immediate and ongoing
- Contact person: Ingrid Henry
- Phone: 952-892-6368
- Website: www.kidsnkinship.org
Are you excited about summer having finally arrived and wanting to explore the great outdoors? Share your enthusiasm and your hobby with a kid! There are almost 70 youth ages 5-16 in Dakota County (about 50 of them are boys wanting a guy to hang out with) waiting for someone to step into their life as a friend and mentor. Spend an hour or two a week doing fun and enriching activities like sports, hobbies, community fairs, & just hanging out at your home with a child in need of additional support.
Kids 'n Kinship mentoring program is having an information session 6:00-6:45 pm Tuesday July 12th at Wescott Library located at 1340 Wescott in Eagan. Individuals, couples, and families are needed who have a desire to be a role model and special friend for a child.
Kids 'n Kinship is seeking volunteers:
* to provide support, encouragement, and friendship to a child or youth,
* with experience or willingness to be trained to mentor children on our waiting list with special needs, OR* support a student with academic needs at an elementary school in Eagan.
Training and on-going support is provided for all types of mentoring.
Information and R.S.V.P. 952-892-6368 or www.kidsnkinship.org