Public school districts in the area (Districts 191, 196 and 197) have canceled school for Tuesday, Jan. 7. Some community education programs and after school activities will occur as scheduled for a couple of the districts.
- UPDATED: District 196 Cancels School on Tuesday
- UPDATED: Eagan Area Districts 191 and 197 Cancel School on Tuesday
Some private schools in the area have also canceled school.
Primrose School of Eagan will be open on Tuesday.
Eagan area businesses that will be closed or have special hours on Tuesday include:
- Chapel Hill Church (Eagan): Children's Praise 'N Rainbows is canceled.
- Eagan Outdoor Rinks and Tubing Hill: These areas are currently closed. Call the Recreation Hotline at 651-675-5511 for updates.
- Eagan YMCA will be open regular hours and will hold youth programming. Child care centers and preschools that are not in school district buildings will also be available. School-Age Care sites are closed.
- Nancy Raddatz Dance Studio of Eagan will be closed.
- YogaSoul Center will be closed on Tuesday.
The Minnesota Zoo will reopen on Tuesday.
The Minnesota Valley Transit Authority ran buses as scheduled on Monday, Jan. 6 and have not indicated any schedule changes for Tuesday, Jan. 7.
- 11 Cold Weather Experiments
- The 15 Best Twin Cities Winter Selfies
- Blog: Cold Temps Prompt Lawmaker to Propose New Official Start Date for Spring
- Gov. Dayton Orders Public Schools Closed Monday Due to Cold
For updates and other information about the community, join us on Patch, Like us on Facebook and follow Eagan Patch on Twitter.