Public school districts in the area (Districts 191, 196 and 197) have canceled all activities and community education programs for Monday, Jan. 6. The cancellations occurred after Gov. Mark Dayton ordered the public schools closed on Monday.
Private schools in the area have followed suit including:
Dakota County Technical College is also closed on Monday. Rasmussen College - Eagan Campus will be open, but classes are canceled. Online classes will occur as scheduled.
Eagan area businesses that will be closed on Monday include:
- Crossroads Church-Eagan
- Eagan and Lakeville Resource Center: The food pantries and mobile pantry will be closed.
- Eagan National Karate
- Nancy Raddatz Dance Studio of Eagan
- Silver Bell Diner
- St. John Neumann Church
- The Minnesota Zoo and the Great Clips IMAX Theatre
- Treasures Galore The Indoor Garage Sale Store
- Eagan YMCA will be open regular hours and hold scheduled adult classes. All youth programming is canceled. See the note here.
- Starks Bar and Grill will open at 8 a.m.
- Rainbow Foods will close at 8 p.m. on Monday.
The Eagan Skating School will hold classes as scheduled. The Eagan Civic Arena will also be open as scheduled.
The Minnesota Valley Transit Authority will run buses as scheduled.
Check back for updates.
- Gov. Dayton Orders Public Schools Closed Monday Due to Cold
- Will Eagan Area Schools Take Tuesday Off Too?
For updates and other information about the community, join us on Patch, Like us on Facebook and follow Eagan Patch on Twitter.