Presidents Day, celebrated the third Monday of February, has developed over time to honor both President George Washington (birthday Feb. 22) and Abraham Lincoln (birthday Feb. 16) in particular, and our country's presidents throughout history in general.
Considered a traditional bank holiday, you will nevertheless find many banks and most retail stores open for business. However, here is a short list closings that may impact the local community.
Know of other Presidents Day-related closures in Eagan? Let us know by posting a comment in our comments section below.
- Wescott Library in Eagan will be closed on Monday, Feb. 18, in observance of Presidents Day, as will all other Dakota County Library branches.
- In spite of the holiday, the Eagan Community Center will have regular hours from 5:45 a.m. to 9:45 p.m. on Presidents Day.
- The city of Eagan will also observe Presidents Day on Monday. City offices will be closed all day.
- The Eagan Civic Arena will also be open during regular hours.
- Presidents Day is recognized as a federal holiday, which means all non-essential federal offices will be closed. That includes the Northern Dakota County Service Center in West St. Paul.
- There will be no school for all School District 196 students on Monday, Feb. 18 in observance of Presidents Day.
- Some private businesses are traditionally closed on Veterans Day, so be sure to check our business listings to get their phone number and call before you head out.