With just a handful of days left before the Nov. 6 election, the campaigning, mudslinging and political advertisements have reached a fever pitch. So how do you separate all that rhetoric from the facts, and stay informed regarding your choice of local and state candidates in the 2012 election?
Eagan Patch is here to help. Over the last several months, we've dutifully catalogued the twists and turns of the election cycle, and have compiled information on each of your local and state candidates.
To learn more about each of the Eagan City Council, House District 51A, 51B or Senate District 51 candidates, click the links below for their biographical information.
Eagan City Council
Senate District 51
House District 51A
House District 51B
Second Congressional District
- Second Congressional District Rep. John Kline (R)
- Second Congressional District Candidate Mike Obermueller (DFL)
To help voters learn more about Eagan City Council, House District 51A, House District 51B and Senate District 51 candidates, Eagan Patch also asked all candidates to submit their responses to a set of questions regarding their views and accomplishments. Here is what they had to say:
- Q&A: Masin Believes Current Legislature Unable to Address Minnesota's Needs
- Q&A: Carlson Wants to Bring Back Ethics and Honesty Back into Politics
- Q&A: Tilley Believes Redevelopment and Sustainability Are Pressing Issues in Eagan
Interested in our debate coverage? Look no further. Below are links to our coverage of local political forums:
- Eagan Senate and House Candidates Come Out Swinging at Political Forum
- Is the Local GOP MIA? Burnsville-Eagan Conservatives Absent from Forum
- Kline on Defensive in First Debate with Obermueller
Check back with Eagan Patch frequently; we'll be updating this page as more news becomes available. And on election night, make sure to tune in with Patch for all-day, up-to-the-minute coverage.