1. The weather forecast today calls for a chilly high of 63 degrees. There is a 40 percent chance of rain from 6 a.m. through to 9 p.m. The temperature is 17 degrees cooler than the average for this time of year. It is also 36 degrees cooler than the record high for this date (1937).
2. Road resurfacing and concrete repair is scheduled for I-35E from Lone Oak Road in Eagan to West 7th Street in St. Paul. Construction is scheduled to begin July 1. Look for lane and ramp closures. If the state government shuts down on July 1, this is one project that will be put on hold.
3. On this date in 1927, Captain Gerhard Folgero and his 42-foot Viking ship Leif Erickson sailed into Duluth from Norway. The ship is now displayed in a Duluth park.
4. The City of Eagan invites residents to celebrate the opening of the new Fire Safety Center (Station #2) from 5-8 p.m. All ages are invited to free guided tours, fire training demos, fire and police vehicle display and more.
5. Do you like hiking? Do you like the feeling of being surrounded by nature? Maybe tonight's Introduction to Barefoot Hiking is just the thing for you. Bizarre? Yes. But maybe its the wave of the future. $8 gets you in and the picnic shelter at Holland Park is the place to be tonight from 6-8 p.m.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something