Now that a thick blanket of snow has fallen across Eagan and the wider Twin Cities area, Eagan Patch thought it would be a good time to remind you of the city's winter parking regulations.
Winter parking regulations went into effect on Nov. 15 and run through April 15 in Eagan. The rules stay in effect regardless of whether there is snow on the ground.
- From 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on even days, parking is allowed on the side of the street with even home addresses. The reverse is true on odd days, when parking is only allowed on the side of the street with odd house addresses. Vehicles in violation of the ordinance may be ticketed or towed.
- From 6 p.m. to 6 a.m., parking is allowed on both sides of the street.
- Garbage awaint pickup must be placed at least four feet behind teh curb line for efficient and safe snow removal.
- The bottom of your mailbox must be at least 48 inches high, measured from the valley of the curb to the bottom of the mailbox.
- Questions? Call the Eagan Public Works hotline at 651-675-5350.