Editor's Note: As the New Year approaches, Eagan Patch will review the Top 10 most significant stories of 2012, in terms of total pageviews and impact to the community. Disagree with our assessment, or have other stories you think should've made the Top 10? Please post your feedback or thoughts in the comment stream below.
#2: Nicholas David Takes Third on NBC's "The Voice"
St. Paul musician and Eagan High School grad Nicholas Mrozinski exploded onto the scene late in 2012 as a contestant on NBC's televised singing competition "The Voice."
Mrozinski—or Nicholas David, as he was known on the show—eventually took third place behind fellow competitors Terry McDermott and Cassadee Pope. But the family-oriented soul singing made a lasting impact in Eagan.
At a special ceremony at the Mall of America before "The Voice" finals, Mrozinski was given a golden microphone by Eagan Mayor Mike Maguire, who called him "a wonderful asset to our community." Mrozinski's online fame also skyrocketed, and the artist's official Facebook page has nearly 40,000 fans.
Our guess is that Mrozinski won't have to pay for drinks when he goes out in Eagan for a long, long time.
Eagan Patch will continue our countdown of the biggest stories of the year tomorrow. Check out the other articles that have already made it into Eagan Patch's Top 10 of 2012:
- Top 10 Stories of 2012: Suburban Homelessness Rising in Dakota County
- Top 10 Stories of 2012: Day-Care Provider Charged After Infant Dies Under Her Care
- Top 10 Stories of 2012: Lockheed Martin Shopping Center Plans Hit Unexpected Obstacle
- Top 10 Stories of 2012: Death Threat Issued to Eagan City Council
- Top 10 Stories of 2012: All Three of Eagan's Sitting Legislators Overturned in November Election
- Top 10 Stories of 2012: Eagan Teens Charged in Connection to Armed Robbery
- Top 10 Stories of 2012: Eagan Coach Kurt Virgin Charged with Swindling School District