If you’re planning to donate to local food shelves, here is a list of some items that nearby organizations are looking for.
- “Cellar” Foods: vegetables with long shelf-life, such as potatoes, winter squash, onions and carrots
- Fruits and Vegetables: apples, oranges, melons
- Dry Goods: oatmeal, rice, pasta, pancake mix, tuna and canned chicken, flour and dried beans
- Condiments: Mustard, ketchup, salsa, soy sauce
- Paper and Household Goods: toilet paper, paper towels, dish soap and laundry detergent
- Personal Hygiene Items: toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, conditioner and body wash
The Eagan and Lakeville Resource Center no longer accepts such items as pop, sweets, candy, chips and canned pasta.
Monetary donations are also accepted.
- Cereal (hot and cold)
- Powdered milk
- Pancake mix and syrup
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Canned fruit
- Paper products (toilet paper, paper towels)
- Personal care products (tooth paste, bar soap, shampoo)
- Disposable diapers (all sizes)
- Cash donations are needed to purchase bulk items
- Gift cards to purchase fresh nutritious food