Editor's note: Capitol Review is a weekly look at what your state legislators are doing at the Minnesota Capitol—how they're voting, the bills they're writing and the issues they're getting behind. Come back to Eagan Patch every Monday for a new Capitol Review.
Here’s what’s happened this past week with bills authored or co-authored by local legislators:
State Sen. Ted Daley (R-District 38) of Eagan and Burnsville
- Daley chief authored bill SF0395, which would extend driver's license expiration for military services persons.
- Daley also co-authored SF0361; a mitochondrial disease awareness week establishment, SF0383; a school district teacher contract deadline and penalty repeal, SF0390; Americorps Innovation Act, SF0408; a teacher's union financial reporting requirement and SF0409; a teacher's union decertification after bargaining cycle
- Daley held in-district “office hours” at the Wescott Library in Eagan on
Saturday, Feb. 19 from noon to 2 p.m.
State. Rep. Doug Wardlow (R-District 38B) of Eagan
- Wardlow co-authored several new bills this past week: HF0601; a bill that would allow "optional disclosure of public appraisals provided by a government entity," HF0556; a bill that would amend provisions for juvenile prostitutes in need of protection or services, "sexually exploited youth defined, prostitution crime penalty assessments increased, and distribution of the assessment amended; prostitution laws provisions clarified and recodified, and definitions modified; money appropriated to the commissioner of public safety to develop a statewide victim services model," HF0507; a bill that would allow agricultural land, nonhomesteaded, noncommercial real property owners, and small business property owners to vote on bonding and property tax questions where their land is situated.
State. Rep. Diane Anderson (R-District 38A) of Eagan
- Anderson did not chief author or co-author any new bills this past week.