Editor's Note: The following is a press release from the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
Next week two lanes of traffic will be open to southbound Hwy 77 motorists as traffic is switched to the inside lanes.
The following ramps and lanes are currently closed:
- Northbound 77 right lane closed at Diffley (scheduled to reopen by Oct. 7)
- Diffley Road ramp to northbound 77 (scheduled to reopen by Oct. 7)
- Southbound 77 loop to northbound 35E (scheduled to reopen by Oct. 10)
You'll see the following ramps close next week:
- Oct. 10-Cliff Road to southbound 77 (scheduled to reopen by Oct. 17)
- Oct. 11-Southbound 77 to southbound 35E (scheduled to reopen by Oct. 18)
Follow the signed detours to bypass the loop and ramp closures.
Just a reminder- speeds have been reduced from 65 mph to 50 mph within the work zone and fines for speeding are doubled.
For more information about the Hwy 77 improvement project visit http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/hwy77bloomington/