Dakota County Community Services is holding multiple workshops to assist individuals and families who are applying for insurance through MNsure, Minnesota's health insurance marketplace.
Workshops will be held from 6–8 p.m. on the following dates:
- Wednesday, Oct. 23, at Galaxie Library, 14955 Galaxie Ave., Apple Valley; 952-891-7045
- Monday, Oct. 28, at Burnhaven Library, 1101 W. County Road 42, Burnsville; 952-891-0300
- Wednesday, Nov. 6, at Wentworth Library, 199 E. Wentworth Ave., West St. Paul; 651-554-6800
- Wednesday, Nov. 13, at Wescott Library, 1340 Wescott Road, Eagan;651-450-2900
- Tuesday, Nov. 19, at Pleasant Hill Library, 1490 S. Frontage Road, Hastings; 651-438-0200
- Tuesday, Nov. 26, at Heritage Library, 20085 Heritage Drive, Lakeville; 952-891-0360
- Wednesday, Dec. 4, at Robert Trail Library, 14395 S. Robert Trail, Rosemount; 651-480-1200
- Tuesday, Dec. 10, at Wentworth Library, 199 E. Wentworth Ave., West St. Paul; 651-554-6800
A certified application counselor will help attendees set up a MNsure account online, guide them through the application and answer any questions they might have. Those who attend a session should bring the names, dates of birth, incomes and Social Security numbers of anyone in their household applying for health care coverage.
Registration is required. To register, call the library branch that is hosting the session you want to attend.
In Eagan this week:Child Safety Seat Clinic: Topics include information about child seat laws and installation. The talk will be in St. Paul on Wednesday, Oct. 23 at 7 p.m.
The Amos Forum: Immigration and the Dream Act: Easter Lutheran Church is hosting the forum on Thursday, Oct. 24 at 11:15 a.m.
MOMS Club of Eagan West Halloween Open House: Dress up for Halloween, enjoy games and crafts, and learn about the group. The event is on Friday, Oct. 25 at 11 a.m.
For updates and other information about the community, join us on Patch, Like us on Facebook and follow Eagan Patch on Twitter.