Deerwood Elementary, founded in 1982, is a two-level elementary school surrounded by trees. It emphasizes parent involvement in the school, and offers various clubs and programs for its students. One of its most popular programs is the Art Adventure Program, in which experts visit the children to discuss their professions. Deerwood Elementary is located next to Black Hills Middle School.
- Fax: 651-683-6808
- Hours: Office hours: Mon - Fri, 7am - 4pm. School hours: Mon - Fri, 8:20am - 2:40pm
- Handicap Accessible: There is an automatic door.
- Number of students: 530
- Male-to-female ratio: 53/56
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 23/1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 70
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The school is active with the booster club, volunteer coordinators and academic support.
- What makes this community special?: Eagan has wonderful community education programs and events for all ages, such as theater, dance and exercise.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: K - 5
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library
- Student clubs: Spanish club, pottery club, chess club, ski club