Eagan Fire Department Station #2
Eagan's Fire Department/Administration is actively involved in the community and has the second largest volunteer fire department in the state.
Currently, the fire department has five full-time employees and 110 volunteers. There is room for 150 volunteers. Station #2 is one of six stations in Eagan.
This particular station, as well as the fire administration building, will be closing as soon as the department moves to its new fire safety center in spring 2011.
The fire department responded to 1,200 rescue calls last year, and are equipped with 30 pieces of equipment, such as trucks/ladders.
There usually isn't any firefighters at this station unless they are responding to a service call. The volunteer firefighters who live closest will use this station.
In addition, fire station #2 provides office space for its firefighters, as well as common meeting areas - which are sometimes used for training.
- Fax: 651-675-5910
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 4:30pm
- Services: Fire Chief Mike Scott has been an Eagan resident all his life and said, "Even though Eagan is the 8th largest city in the State of Minnesota, the community still has a small town feel to it."
- Parking: Free lot
- Public restrooms: No
- Wi-Fi: None
- Number of firefighters: 110
- Number of trucks: 30
- Fire department services: Engine, Ladder, Rescue
- Type: Professional, Volunteer