Wescott Library is part of the Dakota County libraries family. The county's libraries offer a calendar of events that includes activities taking place at each of the libraries. Events include book signings, classes, storytelling, music/dance performances and many more.
The Wescott Library, which was renovated in January 2009, is most excited about its new Children's Play and Learn area, which was a project by the Children's Museum.
In addition, you may renew books online, by phone or in person. Also, the library has several computers for the public to use, a free computer class offered once a week, and the staff will gladly help you around the library.
There is a reservable large meeting room, which seats up to 100, as well as smaller reservable conference rooms. The library also offers individuals an ongoing book sale and will soon have a coffee shop available.
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 10am - 8:30pm; Fri, Sat, 10am - 5:30pm; Sun, 1pm - 5pm (September through June only)
- Handicap Accessible: There is an automatic door.
- Founding Date: Early 1980s
- Parking: Free lot
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases
- Programs/classes: The library offers a Lucky U Program, which allows individuals to check out current bestseller books. In addition, it has an active friends group, which consists of volunteers from Eagan who raise money for special projects and services.
- Wi-Fi: Free