Editor's Note: As the New Year approaches, Eagan Patch will review the Top 10 most significant stories of 2012, in terms of total pageviews and impact to the community. Disagree with our assessment, or have other stories you think should've made the Top 10? Please post your feedback or thoughts in the comment stream below.
#5: Two Eagan Teens Robbed and Assaulted a Man at Gunpoint, Police Say
The alleged robbery was one of the most significant criminal cases in Eagan this year, and Patch's coverage of the incident was widely read and sparked a heated discussion on our website.
The alleged robbery and beating was part of a drug deal setup, according to police. The teens allegedly used a BB gun that looked like a realistic firearm in the assault. Both teens face a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison if convicted on first-degree aggravated robbery charges.
Eagan Patch will continue our countdown of the biggest stories of the year tomorrow. Check out the other articles that have already made it into Eagan Patch's Top 10 of 2012:
- Top 10 Stories of 2012: Suburban Homelessness Rising in Dakota County
- Top 10 Stories of 2012: Day-Care Provider Charged After Infant Dies Under Her Care
- Top 10 Stories of 2012: Lockheed Martin Shopping Center Plans Hit Unexpected Obstacle
- Top 10 Stories of 2012: Death Threat Issued to Eagan City Council
- Top 10 Stories of 2012: All Three of Eagan's Sitting Legislators Overturned in November Election