The owner initially thought the damage came from a hail storm earlier this summer, but an insurance agent determined that the damage was not weather-related. As it stands, there is no explanation as to how this could have occurred.
- 9:31 a.m.—Rent-a-car from Enterprise goes MIA. A customer failed to return the car at the appointed time. Police approached his family to find out where he may be and his stepmother reported that he hadn't been seen in weeks.
- 11:06 a.m.—Accident at Cedar Grove and Silver Bell. A car veered off road, went through a tree and hit a power box. The driver said he remembered the accident, and was not apparently drunk, but nevertheless did not know what happened. No injuries.
- 7:48 p.m.—Catalytic converter torn out of car parked on the 900 block of Lone Oak Road.
- 1:20 a.m.—Burglary reported on 600 block of Hawthorne Woods Drive. Homeowner came back from a trip out of town and found the back window smashed, glass all over the kitchen floor. Muddy footprints were tracked up the stairs. The homeowner reported that several items of jewelry were missing. The thief apparently used the barbecue grill on the deck to ram the door.
- 1:33 p.m.—Dog fight reported at an address on the 3000 block of Heather Drive. A 45-pound Chow Chow attacked a neighbor's dog.
- 4:35 p.m.—Woman allegedly threatened her son while he was on the school bus, stole his phone.
- 8:04 p.m.—Checks stolen out of truck parked at Microtel Inn. So far, two checks have been cashed, for a total of $9,600 lost.
- 8:21 p.m.—Two men arguing at the intersection of Cedar and Diffley. The reporting party states that the other driver rear-ended her, then began verbally sparring with her husband. At the time of the call, it looked as if the confrontation would become physical. For his part, the husband said that the opposing driver was merely putting their arm around him to "charm" him.
- 12:36 p.m.—"Burning something that smells bad" on the 1700 block of Hickory Hill. Caller believed that a neighbor may be incinerating carpet in the backyard. Police came and put it out, but could not find the owner, who apparently started the fire and then left home. Citation issued in absentia.
- 1:25 p.m.—Medical call at the rugby fields near Diffley and Lexington. A 25-year-old man was rendered unconscious, and his breathing became labored. The man was taken to Regions Hospital, possibly with a broken neck.
- 1:58 p.m.—Man in the Eagan PD lobby, wanting to report an assault that occurred two days before. The report was complicated by the fact that the man had surgery the day before and as a result his mouth was wired shut.
- 3:52 p.m.—Small child found in the middle of the street. A four-year-old in Batman jammies and a tank top was seen wandering near Deerwood and Interstate 35E. He was returned to his mother, who "didn't even realize he was missing."
- 9:20 p.m.—Eagan PD squad rear-ended by another car near the intersection of Diffley Road and Highway 13 East. Officer sustained minor injuries.
- 11:35 p.m.—Woman sent to detox after showing up drunk in the parking lot of Faithful Shepherd on Columbia Drive. The woman said her party bus left her behind and she had nowhere to go.
- 2 a.m.—Fatal shooting at Nina's.
- 2:35 a.m.—Volvo crashed through a chunk of fencing at an address on the 4000 block of Rahn.
- 3:31 a.m.—Man found crying outside Coachman Oaks, wearing only underwear. Officers brought a blanket to cover him up. The man said that he was kicked out of his apartment by his husband, who also broke his violin.
- 7:27 p.m.—Items reported stolen from car parked at the Cherokee Sirloin Room. An iPad, phone charger, GPS and $2.15 in change stolen. The car was unlocked.