Editor's Note: The following is a news release from Rosemount, Apple Valley Eagan School District 196.
Rob Duchscher was elected chairperson of the District 196 School Board for 2013 at the board’s annual organization meeting Jan. 7.
This will be Duchscher’s fourth year as chairperson during his 13 years on the board. He was first elected in 1999 and previously served as board chairperson in 2005, 2006 and 2007.
The board also elected Jackie Magnuson to be vice chairperson, Gary Huusko clerk and Art Coulson treasurer for 2013, and approved assignments to four board committees and organizations on which the School Board is represented.
School Board committee assignments through December 2013 are:
- Audit and Finance Committee – Bob Schutte, chairperson, Duchscher and Huusko;
- Curriculum and Instruction Committee – Magnuson, chairperson, Joel Albright, Coulson and Schutte;
- Legislative Committee – Coulson, chairperson, Huusko and Magnuson, and
- Policy Review Committee – Duchscher, chairperson, Albright and Mike Roseen.
The following appointments were also approved for the year:
- Association of Metropolitan School Districts – Albright and Schutte;
- Community Collaboration Council – Magnuson;
- Community Education Advisory Council – Huusko, Roseen and Schutte;
- Continuing Education/Vocational Relicensure – Magnuson;
- Gifted and Talented Advisory Council – Coulson;
- Metropolitan Educational Cooperative Service Unit – Magnuson;
- Middle School Program Review Steering Committee – Albright and Magnuson;
- Minnesota State High School League – Duchscher and Roseen;
- Native American Parent Advisory Committee – Coulson;
- Q Comp Educational Improvement Planning Team – Magnuson;
- Schools for Equity in Education – Albright and Schutte;
- Special Education Advisory Council – Albright, and
- Technology & Information Educational Services – Albright and Coulson.
The School Board holds regular meetings on Mondays at least once each month according to a scheduled approved by the board each spring. Regular meetings begin at 6 p.m. at Dakota Ridge School.
All regular meetings are videotaped for playback on District 196 TV on local education access channels and are available to webstream on demand at District196.org the morning following each regular meeting.
For more information about School Board meetings, visit the School Board page at District196.org or call the Superintendent’s Office at 651-423-7723.