Pinewood Community School
Pinewood Community School was designed to have the community involved in it. It welcomes its students to be a part of the Explorer Program, which is an electives program that allows children in grades 1-5 to choose courses they are interested in. Some of the electives students get to choose from include learning how to juggle and academic topics (such as math and science). The students spend 35 minutes at the end of the day on the Explorer Program and it runs for 20 days a session.
In addition, Pinewood Community School offers its fourth and fifth graders a full-day Gifted and Talented Program.
- Fax: 651-683-6870
- Hours: Office, Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 4:30pm; Students, Mon - Fri, 9:10am - 3:45pm
- Handicap Accessible: There is an automatic door.
- Founding Date: 1990
- Number of students: 623
- Male-to-female ratio: There are 313 boys and 309 girls.
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: There are 23.5 students to every one teacher.
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: There are 84 faculty members.
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The school is very engaged with the community, and has a lot of parent volunteers in the building at a given time. Pinewood Community School prides itself on keeping its parents involved as much as possible.
- What makes this community special?: "The city services are well run, neighbors care about each other, and there's a lot of community involvement," according to Principal Cris Town.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: Kindergarten through fifth grade
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library
- Extracurricular activities available: Televised students news team, Summer library program and Young Scholars
- Student clubs: Chess, Lego League, Math Masters, Student Council, Drama, Ski Club and many more!
- Sports teams: Students may participate in sports through the Eagan Athletic Association.